Next Wave Info
Next Wave: LAPQ Composer Initiative
CALL FOR SCORES
The Los Angeles Percussion Quartet (LAPQ) announces the first Next Wave Composer Initiative. LAPQ created Next Wave in order to educate and collaborate with composers writing new works for percussion chamber music. After an initial screening of scores submitted by composers, LAPQ will select up to four (4) composers to attend a one-day intensive workshop in January of 2017 held at Chapman University during which LAPQ will work on new pieces for percussion quartet by each composer. After the intensive, LAPQ will select two (2) pieces to be performed and recorded on a public concert in Spring 2017. In addition, the two selected composers will receive $500 each.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 28 at the time of application.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Scores and corresponding materials will not be returned.
- Decisions are final and LAPQ reserves the right to not select any pieces.
- Complete written and signed application.
- Each entrant must submit one completed score (any instrumentation) in pdf format.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Description of proposed work.
- September 30,2016 - Application Deadline (selected composers to be notified by November 1)
- December 1, 2016 - Deadline for selected composers to submit a new piece for percussion quartet
- January 28, 2017 - Selected Composers attend a one-day intensive with LAPQ at Chapman University
- Spring 2017 - Two selected pieces performed and recorded on an LAPQ Concert
Click Here for PDF Application: Next Wave Information and Application-2.pdf