Composer Initiative 2017
LAPQ's CALL FOR SCORES
The Los Angeles Percussion Quartet (LAPQ) announces the Second Annual Composer Initiative. LAPQ created this initiative in order to promote and collaborate with composers writing new works for percussion chamber music. After an initial screening of scores submitted by composers, LAPQ will select up to four (4) composers to attend a two-day intensive workshop in January of 2018 at Chapman University (Orange, CA) during which LAPQ will work on new pieces for percussion quartet by each selected composer and perform the works during a documented salon concert. Two composers will be named winners and receive $500 each.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years at the time of application.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Scores and corresponding materials will not be returned.
- Decisions are final and LAPQ reserves the right to not select any pieces.
- Selected composers must provide own transportation and lodging during intensive.
Each composer must submit:
- Complete written and signed application.
- One completed score (any instrumentation) in .pdf format.
- Audio and/or video of a recent performance.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Description of proposed work.
- October 20, 2017 - Application Deadline (secelcted composers to be notified by November 1st)
- December 15, 2017 - Deadline for selected composers to submit a new piece for percussion quartet
- TBD - Composers must be available for two Skype meetings to discuss piece and work on edits.
- January 24-25, 2018 - Selected composers attend Wednesday and Thursday intensive at Chapman University.